- Board-certified – Dermatopathology by the American Boards of Pathology and Dermatology, and Dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology
- Sub-Specialty Concentration – Clinical Dermatology, Inflammatory Disorders, Mucosal Disorders, and Immunofluorescence
- Fellowship – Dermatopathology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency – Chief Resident, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Medical School – Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
- Dr. Hick is past president of the Dallas Dermatological Society. He volunteers and teaches weekly as a clinical dermatologist at the Parkland Memorial Hospital Dermatology Clinic. He served on test committees for the Dermatology and Dermatopathology board examinations. He currently serves as advisor to the American Medical Association RUC Committee on behalf of the American Society of Dermatopathology.
- Joined ProPath in 2009
- Lewin MR, Hick RW, Selim MA. Lichenoid dermatitis of the vulva: diagnosis and differential diagnosis for the gynecologic pathologist. Adv Anat Pathol. 2017;24(6):278-293.
- McIIwee B, Hick RW, Weis S. Dermatorynchus geneae: a seldom-described first branchial arch deformity. JAAD Case Reports. 2015;1(5):283-285.
- Whitworth W, Hick RW, Nelson K, Sidhu-Malik N. Cerebral cavernous malformations associated with cutaneous angiokeratomas and hemanagiomas. Cutis. 2015;96(5):329-332.
- Wang C, Tetzlaff M, Hick RW, Duvic M. Reed syndrome presenting with leiomyosarcoma. JAAD Case Reports. 2015;1(3):150-152.
- Goldberg L, Hick RW. Trichoepithelioma, not basal cell carcinoma, in an 8-year-old child. Pediatr Dermatol. 2013;30(2):276-278.
- Cohen J, Taylor A, Shedd A, Hick RW. Progressive sclerosis skin lesions in a 49-year-old man. Arch Dermatol. 2012;148(11):1317-1318.
- Ratushny V, Gober MD, Hick RW, Ridky TW, Seykora JT. From keratinocyte to cancer: the pathogenesis and modeling of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. J Clin Invest. 2012;122(2):464-472.
- Hick RW, Prose N. Penile erosions associated with foscarnet therapy in a child. Pediatr Dermatol. 2010;27(3):302-303.
- Zhao L, Li W, Marshall C, Griffin T, Hanson M, Hick RW, Dentchev T, Williams E, Werth A, Miller C, Bashir H, Pear W, Seykora JT. Srcasm inhibits Fyn-induced cutaneous carcinogenesis with modulation of Notch 1 and p53. Cancer Res. 2009;69(24):9439-9447.
- Hick RW, Gruver AL, Ventevogel MS, Haynes BF, Sempowski GD. Leptin selectively augments thymopoiesis in leptin deficiency and lipopolysaccharide-induced thymic atrophy. J Immunol. 2006;177(1):169-176.
- Hick RW. Special stains: background. In: Diagnostic Dermatopathology: A Guide to Ancillary Tests Beyond the H&E. London, England: JP Medical Publishers; 2016:31-46.
- Hick RW. Applications in dermatopathology. In: Hosler G, ed. Diagnostic Dermatopathology: A Guide to Ancillary Tests Beyond the H&E. London, England: JP Medical Publishers; 2016:47-54.
- Hick R, Seykora J. Comparative analysis of murine model of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma with human lesions. American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2008.
- Hick R, Selim, M. Disseminated superficial porokeratosis following stem cell transplant. American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2008.
- Hick R. Common dermatologic disorders. Halifax Regional Hospital, South Boston, VA, 2008.
- Hick R. Inpatient dermatology. Johnston County Medical Society, Smithfield, NC, 2008
- Hick R. Mast cells: their significance in cutaneous malignancy. Duke University, Durham, NC, 2008.
- Hick R. Sarcoidosis of the nails. International Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, 2007.
- Hick R. Marine dermatology. Duke University, Durham, NC, 2007.
- Hick R. Interesting cases: pityriasis lichenoides, polyarteritis nodosa, phototoxic reaction. Duke University, Durham, NC, 2007.
- Hick R. Pediatric rashes. Sampson Memorial Hospital, Clinton, NC, 2007.
- Hick R. Interesting Cases from the Duke University Hospital consult service. Person Memorial Hospital, Roxboro, NC, 2007.
- Hick R. Role of leptin in modulation of thymopoiesis. Duke University, Durham, NC, 2003.
- Hick R. Nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy. Duke University, Durham, NC, 2006.
- Hick R. Interesting cases: undifferentiated autoimmune disease, disseminated aspergillosis. Duke University, Durham, NC, 2006.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.