- Board-certified – Cytopathology and Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Fellowship – Cytopathology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Fellowship – Cytopathology and Surgical Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Residency – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Tufts University New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Medical School – University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
- Dr. Detweiler is the Medical Director of Laboratory at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth and Texas Health Hospital Clearfork. She has practiced pathology in the Dallas-Fort Worth area since 1989.
- Joined ProPath in 2005
- Ziegler D, Detweiler R, Bloemendal S. Bowel perforation caused by heterotopic ossification. Surg Rounds. 2004;32-33.
- Detweiler R, Katz R, Alapat C, El-Naggar A, Ordonez N. Malignant lymphoma of the thyroid: a report of two cases diagnosed by fine needle aspiration. Diagn Cytopathol. 1991;7(2):163-171.
- Detweiler R, Zahniser D, Garcia G, Hutchinson M. Contextual analysis complements single-cell analysis in the diagnosis of breast cancer in fine needle aspirates. Anal Quant Cytol Histol. 1988;10(1):10-15.
- Detweiler R, Castilleja R, Sneige N. Endocervical columnar cells and adequacy of cervical samples: analysis of 43 discordant cases, smears and cervical biopsies. American Society of Cytology 37th Annual Scientific Meeting. Acta Cytol. 1989;33:730-1.
- Detweiler R, Zahniser D, Hutchinson M. Quantitative cell image analysis for the diagnosis of malignancy in fine needle aspirates of the breast: a pilot study. American Society of Cytology 34th Annual Scientific Meeting. Acta Cytol. 1986;30:581.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.