- Board-certified – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Fellowship – Gastrointestinal and Hepatic Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- Fellowship – Surgical Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Residency – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- Medical School – Guru Nanak University, India
- Dr. Malhotra has published 17 peer-reviewed articles and abstracts.
- Joined ProPath in 2018
- Mukhopadhyay S, Feldman MD, Abels E, Ashfaq R, Beltaifa S, Cacciabeve NG, Cathro HP, Cheng L, Cooper K, Dickey GE, Gill RM, Heaton RP Jr, Kerstens R, Lindberg GM, Malhotra RK, Mandell JW, Manlucu ED, Rubin BP, Saboorian MH, Salicru M, Samols MA, Sturgis CD, Turner KO, Wick MR, Yoon JY, Zhao P, Taylor CR. Whole slide imaging versus microscopy for primary diagnosis in surgical pathology: a multicenter blinded randomized noninferiority study of 1992 cases (pivotal study). Am J Surg Pathol. 2018;42(1):39-52.
- Malhotra R, Turner K, Sonnenberg A, Genta RM. High prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease in United States residents of Indian ancestry. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015;13(4):683-689.
- Malhotra RK, Florez L, White D, Papasozomenos S, Covinsky M, Bhattacharjee M, Wang M. Vein of Galen aneurysmal malformations associated with high output cardiac failure: report of three autopsy cases. J Pediatr Neurol. 2011;9(2):227-232.
- Haley SL, Malhotra RK, Qiu S, Eltorky ME. The immunohistochemical profile of atypical eosinophilic syncytial changes vs serous carcinoma. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011;15(6):402-406.
- Jaso J, Malhotra R. Adenoid cystic carcinoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2011;135(4):511-515.
- Malhotra RK, Li W. Poorly differentiated gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine carcinoma associated with X-linked hyperimmunoglobulin M syndrome. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2008;132(5):847-850.
- Genta R, Malhotra R, Turner K. Esophageal and gastric disease in U.S. residents with ancestry in different regions of India. American College of Gastroenterology, Las Vegas, NV, 2016.
- Malhotra R, Turner K, Genta R. Gender disparity in EGD biopsy patterns: is this trend justified? Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2015;81(5):AB230.
- Malhotra R. Immunohistochemical profile of atypical endometrial syncytial papillary eosinophilic metaplasia versus serous carcinoma. USCAP Meeting, Denver, CO, 2008.
- Malhotra R, Florez L, White D, Covinsky M, Papasozomenos S, Bhattacharjee M, Wang M. Vein of Galen aneurysmal malformation associated with cardiac failure in three neonates [podium presentation]. American Society of Investigative Pathology, Washington, DC, 2007.
- Malhotra R, Cagle PT, Li W, Tan D. Immunohistochemical evaluation of expression and distribution pattern of novel vascular markers (CD105 and D2-40) in cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. USCAP Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2007.
- Malhotra R, Zander DS, Allen TC, Castro CY, Barrios RJ, Sienko AE, Haque AK, Singhal NA, Cagle PT. Snail and slug expression in lung carcinomas. USCAP Meeting, Atlanta, GA, 2006.
- Malhotra R, Cleary K, Li W. Poorly differentiated gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine carcinoma in a patient with X-linked hyperimmunoglobulin M syndrome. CAP Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2006.
- Malhotra R, Covinsky M, Papsozomenos S. Basket brain: loss of cerebral tissue intermediate in severity between porencephaly and hydranencephaly. CAP Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2006.
- Bendre M, Malhotra R, Rosenberg H. Horseshoe lung with pulmonary hypoplasia, anomalous pulmonary vasculature and CCAM: a case report. CAP Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2006.
- Malhotra R, Dollet W, Wang M, Papsozomenos S, Covinsky M. Vein of Galen aneurysmal malformation: report of two cases. Texas Society of Pathologists Meeting, Houston, 2006.
- Malhotra R, Wang M, Nguyen N. Myocardial involvement by precursor B-lymphoblastic lymphoma: an unusual association. Texas Society of Pathologists Meeting, Austin, 2005.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.