- Board-certified – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Fellowship – Gastrointestinal Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Residency – Chief Resident, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH
- Medical School – Ross University School of Medicine, Portsmouth, Dominica
- Dr. Patel has published 17 peer-reviewed articles and abstracts.
- Joined ProPath in 2015
- Patel RA, Cummings OW, Mangus RS, et al. Incidental schistosomiasis in transplant liver: a case report and review of the literature. J Transpl Technol Res. 2015;5(2). doi:10.4172/2161-0991.1000150.
- Patel RA, Mortensen J, Rhodes J, Spicknall K. A case report: the synergistic role of microbiology and pathology in confirming cutaneous blastomycosis when multiple histoplasma antigen tests are positive. AMT J Contin Educ Top Issues. 2014;16(3):88-93.
- Mujtaba MG, Patel CB, Patel RA, et al. The gamma interferon (IFN-gamma) mimetic peptide IFN-gamma (95-133) prevents encephalomyocarditis virus infection both in tissue culture and in mice. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2006;13(8):944-952.
- Mujtaba MG, Flowers LO, Patel CB, Patel RA, Haider MI, Johnson HM. Treatment of mice with the suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 mimetic peptide, tyrosine kinase inhibitor peptide, prevents development of the acute form of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis and induces stable remission in the chronic relapsing/remit. J Immunol. 2005;175(8):5077-5086.
- Patel N, Patel RA, Wang J. Frozen diagnostic features and pitfalls for needle core biopsy of hepatocellular mass lesions [abstract 709]. Mod Pathol. 2013;26(S2):172A.
- Bhutani I, Patel RA, Lucas F. Primary malignant mesothelioma of the peritoneum invading the spleen: a case report. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013;137(10):1382.
- Patel RA, Wang J. An unusual case of pseudomembranous collagenous colitis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013;137(10):1401.
- Patel RA, Mo J. Large rib chondroblastoma with a novel chromosomal abnormality of Ins(7;6)(p13;q27q15) in a pediatric patient. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013;137(10):1493.
- Sharma D, Patel RA, Kendler A. Pancreatic clear cell carcinoma: a case report. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013;137(10):1412.
- Patel RA, Spicknall K. Epithelioid sarcoma-like hemangioendothelioma: a case report. American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, 2013.
- Patel RA, Sharma D, Wang J. Primary cutaneous carcinosarcoma: a case report of mixed malignant epithelial components in a background of undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma. American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, 2013.
- Patel RA, Wang J. The case of a dramatic recurrence of basal cell carcinoma with lung metastases. American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, 2013.
- Patel RA, Bove K. Fibrolipomatous hamartoma of nerve includes distal nerve sheath hyperplasia and involves previously unreported sites such as tongue and external ear. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2012;136(9):1135.
- Patel RA, Agadi A, Wang J. Frozen diagnosis of needle biopsy for hepatocellular lesions: a correlation study with final diagnosis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2012;136(9):1023.
- Patel RA, Wang J, Kendler A. New immunophenotype in a vimentin positive gastric carcinoma with rhabdoid feature: case report of pearls in diagnosing a rare entity. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2012;136(9):1006.
- Patel RA, Bhutani I, Wang J. Primary malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the liver: a case report and a review of the evolving views of this rare entity. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2012;136(9):1025.
- Patel RA, Lu J, Du C, Wang J. BRUCE: a novel protein associated with carcinogenesis of liver and potential marker for differential diagnosis [abstract 1759]. Mod Pathol. 2012;25(suppl 2s):422A.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.