- Board-certified – Anatomic Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Fellowships – Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology, and Surgical Pathology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Residency – Anatomic Pathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital-CUMC, New York, NY
- Medical School – University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Joined ProPath in 2019
- Testa G, McKenna GJ, Gunby RT Jr, Anthony T, Koon EC, Warren AM, Putman JM, Zhang L, dePrisco G, Mitchell JM, Wallis K, Klintmalm GB, Olausson M, Johannesson L. First live birth after uterus transplantation in the United States. Am J Transplant. 2018;18(5):1270-1274.
- Testa G, Koon EC, Johannesson L, McKenna GJ, Anthony T, Klintmalm GB, Gunby RT, Warren AM, Putman JM, dePrisco G, Mitchell JM, Wallis K, Olausson M. Living donor uterus transplantation: a single center’s observations and lessons learned from early setbacks to technical success. Am J Transplant. 2017;17(11):2901-2910.
- Farr M, Mitchell JM, Lippel M, Kato T, Jin Z, Ippolito P, Dove L, Jorde U, Takayama H, Emond J, Naka Y, Mancini D, Lefkowitch, Schulze PC. Combination of liver biopsy with MELD-XI scores for post-transplant outcome prediction in patients with advanced heart failure and suspected liver dysfunction. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2015;34(7):873-882.
- Yang HM, Mitchell JM, Sepulveda JL, Sepulveda AR. Molecular and histologic considerations in the assessment of serrated polyps. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2015;139(6):730-741.
- Gutiérrez A, Sauler M, Mitchell JM, Siegel MD, Trow TK, Bacchetta M, Fares WH. Unresolved pulmonary embolism leading to a diagnosis of pulmonary artery sarcoma. Heart Lung. 2014;43(6):574-576.
- Jaroma JH, Mitchell JM. Non-existence of Fibonacci and Lucas numbers in amicable pairs of opposite parity. Mathematical Gazette. 2005;89(516):451-454.
- Sohn A, Mitchell JM, Agarwal A. A case report of azathioprine induced liver injury leading to liver transplantation. College of American Pathologists Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2018. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2018;142(9):e6.
- Findeis S, Proft A, Mitchell JM. Signet-ring cell squamous cell carcinoma: a poorly understood variant. College of American Pathologists Meeting, National Harbor, MD, 2017. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017;141(9):e150.
- Cui Y, Mitchell JM, Saqi A, et al. EUS-FNA in surgically proven pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: a large single center experience. DDW Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2017.
- Picoraro JA, Wontakal SN, Mitchell JM, Demirdag YY, Aggarwal V, Iglesias A, Sepulveda A, Lamouse-Smith E. Non-classical histologic and genetic findings in microvillous inclusion disease. North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Meeting, Atlanta, GA, 2014.
- Khanna LG, Mitchell JM, Jagroop SM, Kim W, Gonda TA, Sethi A, Gress FG, Chabot JA, Saqi A, Poneros JM. Utility of endoscopic ultrasound fine needle aspiration Ki67 indices in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2014;79(5): AB449-AB450.
- Mitchell JM, Terrano D, Lee J, Alobeid B, Bhagat G, Mansukhani M, Remotti H. BRAF V600E mutation in langerhans cell histiocytosis of the liver. College of American Pathologists Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2012. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2012;136(9):1024.
- Lagana S, Mitchell JM, Onishi A, Moreira RK, Remotti H, Bao F. Clathrin immunostaining in cholangiocarcinoma. College of American Pathologists Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2012. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2012;136(9):1021.
- Mitchell JM, Cowles R, Moreira RK. Estimated size of missing intrahepatic bile ducts in biliary atresia explants. ASCP Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, 2011.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.