- Board-certified – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Fellowship – Surgical Pathology, University of Chicago, IL
- Residency – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Chicago, IL
- Medical School – University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Dr. El-Zayaty has been the past president of Chicago Pathology Society for several years. He is the Medical Director of Laboratory at Dallas Medical Center.
- Joined ProPath in 2018
- Taxy JB, El-Zayaty S, Langerman A. Acute fungal sinusitis: natural history and the role of frozen section. Am J Clin Pathol. 2009;132(1):86-93.
- Faoro L, Hutto JY, Salgia R, El-Zayaty SA, Ferguson MK, Cheney RT, Reid ME, Armato SG III, Krausz T, Husain AN. Lymphatic vessel density is not associated with lymph node metastasis in non-small cell lung carcinoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2008;132(12):1882-8.
- Daines MO, Andrews RP, Chen W, El-Zayaty SA, Hershey GK. DNA binding activity of cytoplasmic phosphorylated STAT6 is masked by an interaction with a detergent-sensitive factor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278(33):30971-4.
- El-Zayaty S, Schneider S, Mutema G, Augsburger J. Prostatic adenocarcinoma metastatic to the anterior uveal tract. Arch Opthalmology. 2003;121(2):276-8.
- El-Zayaty S, Krausz T. Tumors of adipose tissue, muscle, cartilage, and bone. In: Barnhill RL, Crowson AN, Magro CM, Piepkorn, MW, eds. Dermatopathology. 3rd ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Professional; 2010.
- Padilla MT, Seiwert TY, Tretiakova M,El-Zayaty SA, Kohli C, Gurbuxani S, Salgia R, Husain AN. Non-small cell lung carcinomas: expression of total Hsp27 and p-Hsp27; a possible target for siRNA therapy [abstract 1464]. USCAP Meeting, 2006. Mod Pathol. 2006;19(suppl 1s):314A.
- El-Zayaty S, Anders R, Yerian L, Hart J. Tissue microarray analysis of EGFR expression in hepatocellular carcinoma. USCAP Meeting, Vancouver, BC, 2004.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.