- Board-certified – Dermatology and Dermatopathology by the American Boards of Dermatology and Pathology
- Sub-Specialty Concentration – Spongiotic and Psoriasiform Dermatoses
- Fellowship – Dermatopathology, Roger Williams Medical Center/Brown University, Providence, RI
- Residency – Dermatology, Brown University Health Science Center, Providence, RI
- Medical School – University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT
- After completion of residency training, Dr. Wilkel became part of the teaching faculty of Roger Williams Hospital and the Brown University Affiliated Hospitals. She was the program director of the dermatopathology residency training program for 13 years and has contributed to the education of many medical students and residents. Dr. Wilkel was also part of the teaching faculty at the American Academy of Dermatology yearly national meetings. As a private practice dermatologist for over 25 years, she served the medical community of southern New England. Dr. Wilkel was named by her peers as a “Top Doc” in Rhode Island Monthly Magazine multiple times. After founding New England Tissue Issue, Inc with her peers, Dr. Wilkel has devoted her diagnostic skills now solely behind the microscope. She has a passion for gardening, paddle boarding, tennis, cooking and dogs.
- Joined ProPath in 2020
- Emeritus Status – Retirement date 02/28/20
- Luo S, Cha J, Wilkel C, Breen C, Zhou LH. The diagnosis: primary localized nodular amyloidosis. Cutis. 2013;91(6):271, 283-4.
- Lazic T, Fonder M, Robinson-Bostom L, Wilkel CS, Della Torre L. Orlistat-induced bullous leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Cutis. 2013;91(3):148-9.
- Ramaswamy PV, Clark T, Wilkel C, Zhou L. Bullae, scaly papules, and plaques. Arch Dermatol. 2010;146(4):439-44.
- Saunderson EA, Killoran CE, Pedvis-Leftick A, Wilkel CS. Localized Darier’s disease in a Blaschkoid distribution: two cases of phenotypic mosaicism and a review of mosaic Darier’s disease. J Dermatol. 2007;34(11):761-4.
- Ingraffea A, Donohue K, Wilkel C, Falanga V. Cutaneous vasculitis in two patients taking an herbal supplement containing black cohosh. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007;56(5 Suppl):S124-6.
- Chen-Tsai C, Wilkel C, Laws R. Crusted swollen lower lip. Arch Dermatol. 2006;142(12):1643-8.
- Campbell RM, Barrall D, Wilkel C, Robinson-Bostom L, Dufresne RG Jr. Recurrence of nonmelanoma skin cancer after post-mohs margin tissue evaluation with permanent histopathologic sections. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32(3):463.
- Campbell RM, Barrall D, Wilkel C, Robinson-Bostom L, Dufresne RG Jr. Post-Mohs micrographic surgical margin tissue evaluation with permanent histopathologic sections. Dermatol Surg. 2005;31(6):655-8.
- Jagdeo J, Ng C, Ronchetti IP, Wilkel C, Bercovitch L, Robinson-Bostom L. Fibroelastolytic papulosis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004;51(6):958-64.
- Lewis KG, Dill SW, Wilkel CS, Robinson-Bostom L. Mid-dermal elastolysis preceded by acute neutrophilic dermatosis. J Cutan Pathol. 2004;31(1):72-6.
- Gray Y, Bruno N, Badiavas EV, Wilkel CS. Type I cryoglobulinemia presenting as hemorrhagic crusted leg ulcers. Cutis. 2002;70(6):319-23.
- Nahm WK, Badiavas E, Touma DJ, Wilkel CS, Falanga V. Calciphylaxis with peau d’orange induration and absence of classical features of purpura, livedo reticularis and ulcers. J Dermatol. 2002;29(4):209-13.
- Robinson-Bostom L, Pomerantz D, Wilkel C, Mader R, Lerner L, Dufresne R, Flotte T. Localized argyria with pseudo-ochronosis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002;46(2):222-7.
- Dufresne RG, Phillips KA, Vittorio CC, Wilkel CS. A screening questionnaire for body dysmorphic disorder in a cosmetic dermatology surgery practice. Dermatol Surg. 2001;27(5):457-62.
- de Imus G, Golomb C, Wilkel C, Tsoukas M, Nowak M, Falanga V. Accelerated healing of pyoderma gangrenosum treated with bioengineered skin and immunosuppression. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001;44(1):61-6. Erratum in: J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001;45(1):76.
- Phillips KA, Dufresne RG Jr, Wilkel CS, Vittorio CC. Rate of body dysmorphic disorder in dermatology patients. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2000; 42(3): 436-41.
- Kroumpouzos G, Stefanato CM, Wilkel CS, Bogaars H, Bhawan J. Systematized porokeratotic eccrine and hair follicle naevus: report of a case and a review of literature. Br J Dermatol. 1999;141(6)1092-6.
- Marrero GM, Glinic, SE, Wilkel CS, Passero MA. Nonhealing neck ulcers. Arch Dermatol. 1998;134(3):365, 368.
- Whalen JD, Dufresne RG Jr, Wilkel CS. Xylene substitutes in frozen sections. Dermatol Surg. 1995;21(3):241-2.
- Wilkel CS, McDonald CJ. Cyclosporine therapy for bullous erythema multiforme. Arch Dermatol. 1990;126(3):397-8.
- Wilkel CS, Grant-Kels JM. Cutaneous B-cell lymphoma. An unusual presentation. Arch Dermatol. 1987;123(10):1362-7.
- Wilkel CS. Psoriasiform and spongiotic dermatoses. In: Grant-Kels JM, ed. Color Atlas of Dermatopathology. New York, NY: Informa Healthcare; 2007:33-40.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.