- Board-certified – Cytopathology and Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Fellowship – Cytopathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Residency – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, New York University, New York, NY
- Medical School – Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN
- Joined ProPath in 2019
- Basu A, Moreira AL, Simms A, Brandler TC. Sarcomatoid carcinoma in cytology: report of a rare entity presenting in pleural and pericardial fluid preparations. Diagn Cytopathol. 2019;Mar 25. doi:10.1002/dc.24183.
- Cho M, Acosta-Gonzalez G, Brandler TC, Basu A, Wei XJ, Simms A. Papillary thyroid carcinoma metastatic to the pancreas: case report. Diagn Cytopathol. 2019;47(3):214-217.
- Brandler TC, Cho M, Wei XJ, Simms A, Levine P, Hernandez O, Oweity T, Zhou F, Simsir A, Rosen L, Sun W. Noninvasive follicular thyroid neoplasm with papillary-like nuclear features: an interobserver study of key cytomorphological features from a large academic medical centre. Cytopathology. 2019;30(1):39-45.
- Simms A, Jacob RP, Cohen C, Siddiqui MT. TROP-2 expression in papillary thyroid carcinoma: potential diagnostic utility. Diagn Cytopathol. 2016;44(1):26-31.
- Lee L, Zhou F, Simms A, Wieczorek R, Fang Y, Subietas-Mayol A, Wang B, Heller P, Huang H, Pei Z, Osman I, Meehan S, Lee P. Metastatic balloon cell malignant melanoma: a case report and literature review. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2011;4(1):315-321.
- Lee ES, Chen H, Hardman C, Simms A, Charlton C. Excessive S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent methylation increases levels of methanol, formaldehyde and formic acid in rat brain striatal homogenates: Possible role in S-adenosyl-l-methionine-induced Parkinson’s disease-like disorders. Life Sci. 2008;83(25-26):821-827.
- Dureau Z, Robinson B, Patel AB, Mosunjac M, Tipton R, Simms A, Tadros T, Oprea-Ilies G. Adenocarcinoma vs. squamous cell carcinoma: can we do it? [abstract]. Emory University Pathology Department, 2014.
- Lee E, Chen H, Lamango N, Hardman C, Simms A, King J, Mackey V, Charlton C. S-adenosyl-L-methionine increases methanol, formaldehyde, and formic acid in the ratbrain tissue: a possible role of protein Methylation in SAM-induced PD-like disorders [poster].Southeastern Pharmacology Society Annual Meeting, Lafayette, MS, 2006.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.