- Board-certified – Dermatopathology by the American Boards of Dermatology and Pathology, and Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Sub-Specialty Concentration – Melanocytic Lesions and Molecular Diagnostics
- Fellowship – Dermatopathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA
- Residency – Chief Resident, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Medical School – University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX
- Dr. Hernandez received the Eugene G. Jacobson Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement in Mammalian Physiology at UT Houston Medical School. She has also served on several committees on graduate medical education.
- Joined ProPath in 2017
- Johnson WT, Patel P, Hernandez AK, et al. Langerhans cell histiocytosis and Erdheim-Chester disease, both with cutaneous presentations, and papillary thyroid carcinoma all harboring the BRAFV600E mutation. J Cutan Pathol. 2016;43(3):270-275.
- Hernandez AK, Gardner J, Parker D, Monson D, Edgar M. Chondroid syringoma (mixed tumor) with tyrosine crystals. J Cutan Pathol. 2013;40(6):527-529.
- Hernandez AK, Emmons J, Wimmer DB, Payne DA. Cytomegalovirus-antigenemia-positive and polymerase-chain-reaction-negative transplant patient. Lab Med. 2008;39(6):341-342.
- Hernandez AK, Ziadie M, Hoang M. Case 6: Incontinentia pigmenti. In: Cases in Dermatopathology: Pediatric Dermatopathology. Brisbane: Knowledge Books and Software; 2012.
- Hernandez AK, English J, Jedrych J, Jaffe R, Snyder S, Bhate C, Ho J. Folliculotropic Langerhans cell histiocytosis with eruptive xanthogranulomas. American Society of Dermatopathology, Chicago, IL, 2014.
- Hernandez AK, Galfione S, Colome M. Cutaneous leishmaniasis endemic to Texas: a case report and review of the literature. American Society of Dermatopathology, Chicago, IL, 2012.
- Hernandez AK, Ziadie M, Hoang M. Incontinentia pigmenti. Harvard CME Dermatopathology Update, Boston, MA, 2012.
- Hernandez AK, Koetting G, Oliver D. Uncommon BRAF mutations in melanoma. The International Society of Dermatopathology, San Diego, CA, 2012.
- Hernandez AK, Rakheja D. Perineuriomas in children: a pathologic review. Society of Pediatric Pathology, Vancouver, BC, 2012.
- Hernandez AK, Gardner J, Parker D, Monson D, Edgar M. Chondroid syringoma (cutaneous mixed tumor) with tyrosine crystals. American Society of Dermatopathology, Seattle, WA, 2011.
- Hernandez AK, Sachdeva K, Nguyen C, Podoll A. CMV nephritis in native kidneys of a patient with mycosis fungoides. National Kidney Foundation, Orlando, FL, 2010.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.