- Board-certified – Cytopathology and Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology.
- Fellowship – Breast Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Fellowship – Cytopathology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Residency – Chief Resident, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh, PA
- Medical School – American University of the Caribbean, Cupecoy, St. Maarten
- Dr. Czapla serves on committees of the American Society of Cytopathology.
- Joined ProPath in 2017
- Czapla A, Omman RA, Nam W, Mehrotra S, Pambuccian SE. “Medusa-head” cells, “starfish” cells, and interconnecting long cytoplasmic processes as diagnostic cytologic clues for follicular dendritic cell sarcoma in fine needle aspiration samples. Diagn Cytopathol. 2017;45(4):322-326.
- Gurram KC, Czapla A, Thakkar S. Acute pancreatitis: pancreas divisum with ventral duct intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Oct 7. doi:10.1136/bcr-2014-205322.
- Czapla A, Hwang H. One H&E stain is sufficient for evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer. USCAP Meeting, San Antonio, TX, 2017.
- Czapla A, Silverman J, Krishnamurti U. Evaluation of CIN1 loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) specimens following an initial colposcopic biopsy diagnosis of CIN2: retrospective p16 immunostaining on the initial colposcopic biopsies [abstract 1123]. USCAP Meeting, Boston, MA, 2015. Mod Pathol. 2015;28(suppl 2s):281A.
- Czapla A, Silverman J, Krishnamurti U. Discordance between HER2 copies/cell and HER2/CEP17 ratio by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in invasive breast carcinoma [abstract 163]. USCAP Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2014 Mod Pathol. 2014;27(suppl 2s):43A
- Czapla A, Silverman J. What is the utility of cytologic and surgical pathologic examination in the workup of endobronchial hamartomas? American Society of Clinical Pathology, Tampa, FL, 2014.
Meet Our Experts
ProPath is an internationally recognized practice of academic-quality expertise with private practices.